View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 18, 2005, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

I think you are completely missing my point. This is not who could be liable or who is not liable. I do not understand how an insurance company can hold an official responsible for knowing the status of another official. And how someone comes to a game does not tip me off as to if that person has a license or not. I have never seen anyone come to a game the way it was described in this post. But I have worked with officials that never had a license and dressed like everyone else that worked basketball games. If you know just by looking at people, then you need to set up a 900 number and start making the big bucks. Because I do not know how you can figure it out just by what someone looks like.

Peace [/B]
That's why you have to trust your assignor.

If that is what is written into the policy, then it is up to the assignor to be sure that everyone is working with certified officials so that the coverage is in force. If your assignor screwed up and scheduled you with someone that wasn't, then you'd probably have to come back and sue them for allowing your coverage to be voided out.