Old Mon Jan 17, 2005, 04:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by golfdesigner
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
In our state the home team is the only ones that can take the center circle. So the visiting team would have to vacate this area or face penalty. Not sure I would use a T for this situation, but I would tell the visiting team they needed to leave the area.

Peace
JRut, rule or POE reference, please.
I'll do it for him. Rut's sleeping in.

From the POE in the 2003-04 rule book:
Suggestions for improved behaviour: The state or local athletic conference should establish appropriate pre-game procedures and protocols. A policy could be established confining teams to their own free-throw semi-circle for pre-game huddles or rituals or that only the home team utilizes the center circle".

Iow, each state can set out their own procedure, and Illinois did so, as per JRut.
I do know that this is THE RULE for NCAA games. However, as you have correctly pointed out, the NFHS has left it up to the state associations. Since my state hasn't made any guidelines for this, there is NO RULE which prevents the visitors from being in the center circle for my games.
The coaches would have to sort it out themselves. If they acted in an unsporting manner then I would issue technical fouls, or perhaps I would just laugh at them.