View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 16, 2005, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: shiny shoes

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
But that's the thing. Polishing sneakers just seems so wrong. I'm wondering how it came to be in the first place and why people think it is important today.
Why does the military require hair to be cut short? Why do police officers wear the same colors and style on a police force? Why does working at one job require a suit and tie and another job require no suit and tie. Who cares why, it just it that way. If you want to fit in and be seen as a team player or someone that takes this seriously, you follow the style that is required. It is called a uniform for a reason. We are supposed to look someone a like. It is not all about what we call. We are also representing something as well.

Peace
Dude, you've got a big chip on your shoulder. I care why - that's why I asked the question. Nothing says our shoes need to be shined where our uniform is defined. I was simply curious if it ever did say they had to be shined. Your pompous attitude makes me respect your answers less and less. I don't really put much weight into what you say at this point. You imply that anyone that doesn't approach this job the same way you do isn't taking it seriously. They don't act professional unless they adhere to your personal code of conduct. What a bunch of crap.