View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 15, 2005, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
Tonight, I called my first varsity game, after calling two sub-varsity games... Amazingly I didnt feel tired,worn out, etc. I assume that has alot to do with the adranaline. Set the scenario, not a signifigant, but definitly a big district game. Walked into the locker room after the JV game to see two officials dressing, the asked which one of us wanted to stay? I didnt volunteer but my partner said he was going to give it to me because he had a hot date with this wife. So I started stretching again to keep the muscles warm while the R went and talked to the coaches, no objections, even wanted to know if we needed to time so I could relax for a second... yeah right! so when he came back we went out on the floor! Varsity game, definitly more energy than a sub varstiy game, introductions and all that... It was fantastic, I was nervous as crap! Told my crew, I'm not blowing my whistle unless its right infront of me or it goes out of bounds... They laughed and said, nope you'll have the first foul! Yeah- I did - initiation I guess, they just let em go at it till I finally blew my whistle on a foul. I finally started feeling comfortable out there. Had good interaction with the coaches, they just kept trying to see how they could get at me. One off the assistants from one team said I'm a different referee from the sub-varsity to the varsity game. But I only had one big call during the game and it was a block call that coulda been a charge. It was border line but my first instinct was block so thats how I sold it. Coaches did there usuall new guy testinga nd all that but I had fun. I wanna do it again! Just thought I'd share...