View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 13, 2005, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
I can't stop myself!!! Here's another group of questions. Again, FED and NCAA rulings are different in at least some of these cases.

3rd and 25 @ A’s 45. A1, not in a scrimmage kick formation, takes the snap and quick kicks the football.

1. The ball hits the ground on the B-15 and comes to rest on the B-5. A2 then muffs the ball into the endzone. Ruling(s) If not already blown dead by official, B can take touchback or spot of first touching.

2. The ball hits A2 in the back on the A-47, becomes grounded on the A-44. A3 then recovers the ball and advances to the A-50. Ruling(s) The ball hits a lineman in the back, is behind the LOS, so A/K can advance. They do not get it past the LTG for a 1st down, but since A recovered it behind the LOS the ball remains live and the down counts. It will be 4th and 20 at the 50 yard line for A

3. B1, immediately after the snap, charges into snapper A2, driving him to the ground. Ruling(s) No foul for roughing the snapper cuz they were not in scrimmage kick formation (1 player 7 or more yards behind the NZ).

4. Ball is at the B-20 when it hits B1. B2 then signals for a fair catch and catches the ball on the B-24. Ruling(s) Illegal fair catch signal. 15 yard PSK foul, ½ the distance from the 24.

5. Kick hits B1 on the A-40 and then rebounds to the A-35 where it goes OOB. Ruling(s) B’s ball at A-35 cuz ball went OOB’s after scrimmage kick.

6. B1 muffs the ball on the B-7. B2 then catches the kick on the B-4, is unable to stop his momentum, and continues directly into his own endzone where he is downed. Ruling(s) The momentum exception still exists since it is still a kick, just muffed, so B would have a touchback.
[/B]
My answers are bolded above.