View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 11, 2005, 08:24am
Official Forum Member

Youth game of all things. Players age 10-12.

During the game, a player makes a comment, "these refs don't call anything, they never do." I coulda T'd him up right there but decided to talk with the kid. I told him not to worry about the officials and just play the game. He rolled his eyes and walked away. This kid has a serious attitude for his age and every else knows this, even his mom.

During half-time, I talk to the Sports Coordinator and inform him about this kids attitude, and suggest he talk to the coach to maybe discipline this kid at their discretion. Anyway, midway through the 3rd quarter, this player is on the bench. I am standing on the endline ready to administer a throw-in. This kid walks off the bench, walks along the endline, brushes against me and blatantly kicks his leg and moves his arm as if I was in his way. There is approx 25 feet around the floor of this gym.(I find out later he was going to the boys room)

Bang! I T him up. As I am walking to report, both coaches (HC and AC) are up off the bench hollaring, "What, what did he do? How can you call that,etc...) Bang! T on the AC! After I report I go over to the HC to explain. As I am explaining he waves his hand in my face, as if to say FU, and says "whatever". Bang! T on the HC. As I go report that T, I inform him he has to sit the rest of the game.
I didn't realize he was already gone because of the 2indirects and Direct. He then waves his hand at me again and tells me not to talk to him, and tells me to be quiet. Bang! Yet another T. 4 in 30 seconds.

After looking back and talking with my father who is a 32 yr HS official , he says I shoulda T'd the kid up with his comment earlier.

After the game the AC asks to talk with me. I say, sure coach. This is this kids mother. She was calm and asks me what her son did because other parents told her he didn't do anything wrong, he was just trying to get out of my way. LOL I explain to her what happened. She brings her son over and apologizes for his behavior and she does the same.

My father also told me I should have never talked to her either.

Sorry for the long post, but I actually shortened it a lil.

Your thoughts are appreciated!