Thread: Go Dressed???
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 10, 2005, 05:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by OverAndBack
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Coming to games is very unprofessional. It sends the wrong message to the players, coaches and fans. It looks like you just came from another game or you have to go to another game when you leave.
What if I did just come from another game or I do have to go to another game when I leave?

I always try to show up and change at the gym, but it's not possible 100% of the time. I see lots of guys at lower levels show up dressed already.
If you do that here, you will not be working very long. Take my word on this. This is not just my opinion. Every assignor (at the HS level) has a policy written and unwritten that this is unacceptable. I can count on one hand the amount of times a varsity official even did this (I have never seen a playoff official to this btw). The main place that I saw this take place and it was common was in the Chicago Public League. Well this year the CPS made it clear that this was unacceptable at any of their games and would drop officials if they did this. I know if I saw an official do this, all I would have to do is make a phone call and that official might not be working very much in the future unless they change their actions. You can do what you want, but trust me where you and I live this is not acceptable. It was in my presentation and not one assignor that saw my presentation batted an eye when I talked about how unprofessional this action was. This was also one of the main questions I was asked at IACAO after my presentation. It is unacceptable. Of course people do it, but they are not moving up doing it.

Peace