Thread: Youth League
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 10, 2005, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Dudly
In the gym with my son waiting for his game. The boys on the court are 11/12. Fast break by A, B fouls him by putting him on the floor. A is up and heading for the line. B is jumping up and down in disbelief that a foul was called on him. Ref reports the foul and goes over to calm the kid down. The kid tells him to F...Off and gives him the universal bird. I'm sitting 5 rows up and heard him clear as day. The parents around me couldn't believe the ref called a T. Grab my son and start heading to the other end of the bleachers before the "hey, you're a ref" questions start.

Ref kicked him off the court, the league director was there and hopefully will not allow the kid to play this year.

These are 11 year old boys. Maybe one day I can meet an NBA player, shake his hand and let him know he has done a fine job of being a role model to emulate.
While it is a pain to field those,"Hey you are a ref," questions, this may have been a great time to EDUCATE a few parents.
BZ,
I agree (sometimes). Depends on what happened and how the question is being asked. In this particular case, I wouldn't even acknowledge the question.

Weekend Ref,
Just venting my dislike for the NBA