View Single Post
Old Fri May 11, 2001, 05:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs down Re: I cannot believe it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

IN the past, "most" schools would pay at the site. But, sometimes there were changes in the officials, and some officials didn't want to take a check with someone else's name on it. So, more schools are going to paying after the game (i.e., mailing the check a couple of days after the game).

Well having said that, if schools tried that out of the Chicago area, officials and umpires would quit. I personally have schools all over the place, but when I was further down state, it was not unusual to drive 30 miles and more to do a game. If officials had to go through the trouble to get their money, all the officials association would strike. And I am not talking about what UMPS did. And considering the gas prices right now, good luck finding anyone. Chicago association need to stop just complaining about just how much money they get paid, they need to worry getting paid. If I wanted to be an accountant, I would have went to school for that.

And another thing that would drive officials outside of the Chicago area crazy. If you do a game by yourself, you get both checks. These schools will not even give part of the money to do a game by yourself. If I did a game outside of the Chicago area and I did a game minus another official, without asking they give the other check. I do not have to beg, complain, or talk to the AD. You get the other check no matter what. You do a game by yourself up here, they think they are doing you a favor.

It just shows how different the Chicago area is to the rest of the state.