View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 06, 2005, 11:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ripcord51
Boy, I don't know it is Missouri's floor and I have the game TIVO'd on a Plasma flatscreen which allows me to zoom in and there is nothing to see. Wish I could show a picture.
I do not know for sure, I have not been there. But working basketball for some time now and being around many gyms that have a huge logo in the center, there is almost always a "shadow line" when you look up close. The rules require it at the NCAA level. It is not very easy to see unless you are really close to the court. And that is when you are in the arena, not one TV. I cannot imagine that these big schools do not have any line what so ever. Now I could be wrong, but there has to be something to help officials call violations properly. I have attended the Big Ten Tournament for the last 5 years in both Chicago and Indianapolis and there is a shadow line on those courts with the huge logo in the middle. But you cannot tell until you get close to the court and that is when you are in the arena, not watching it on TV.

Peace