Re: Re: Re: I disagree Nevada

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by cmathews
Nevada,
I disagree, this is not a record keeping error. A record keeping error would be the scorer writing down the wrong number or not recording a three or something of that nature. With that said I still say this is one of the things that you should try to correct, just cause it is the right thing. However if much more time elapses than the original post indicates, it is too late in my mind to do much about it... I am surprised however that the coach didn't mention this situation on the original foul....
Nevada was completely correct. Rule 2-11-11 is explicit in backing him up. Note:
(1) "Compare records with the visiting scorer after each goal, each foul, .....notifying the referee at once of any discrepancy".
(2) "A bookkeeping mistake may be corrected at any time until the referee approves the final score".

It is not a correctible error under R2-10. It is an error that may be corrected at any time until the game ends. Rule book sez so.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jan 5th, 2005 at 11:26 AM]
IMO he's both right & wrong.

He's right because yes, a *record keeping* error can be corrected at any time.

He's wrong because the way I read it he implies the rules allow & even *encourage* us to let the coach (or whoever)have input on who the foul was on.

In the sitch the foul was reported on #35. When the scorer checks off another foul on #35 that is *not* a record keeping error. If you're *sure* the foul is on #35 there is no support in the book for you to change it based on anything anyone else tells you. If, when questioned, you realize the foul isn't on #35 then yes, fix it. If you have some doubt then sure, go to your partner for help (geeze, don't ask the players fergawdsake). If you have the foul on #35 then it stands, period.
Gotta agree with that. That's exactly what I was trying to (maybe clumsily) get across. If the officials are sure that a mistake on a foul # was made, it can be corrected at any time until the game ends. If the officials aren't completely sure, or they can't agree amongst themselves- iow any doubt at all- then you can't change it. The coach may ask you to check however. Might cost him a TO to do so though. They never do get a vote.