View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I'm sort of stuck on officials encouraging contact. How do we do that? Everyone has made good posts to describe how the current game is played. It is just so much different. Could anyone imagine LeBron James playing back in the 60s? He would totally dominate and the kid just turned 20. It wasn't even fair for him to play in HS the year before last! What about Shaq playing in the 50s? If we called all contact fouls then a HS game would probably take about 2.5 hours to do.
If Shaq's free throws are bricks now, just imagine back in HS, heck it would take all night just to chase those things down.

Starman, please take a minute to review the thread on... how most people see us. While I certainly cannot comment on what you saw, I will admit that not all of us have our "A" game every single game. If you saw refs having a "B or C" game, you shouldn't catagorize ALL High School Refs for the entire state. Hey, if you feel you're really onto something, don't get all sesitive and shut down. Just think about how you phrase your comments and make sure you're not complaining to us as we already hear enought of that.

[Edited by ChrisSportsFan on Jan 5th, 2005 at 11:04 AM]