View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 02:59am
Official Forum Member

too bad

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee
I agree with the "no long switch", but when opposite table, why would't you stay table side and become the C if the ball is being inbounded opposite table?

Old C becomes the T and old T becomes the L. By the time you come to the table to report and go back to inbound the ball, you actually walk more than if you would have on a long switch.

Understanding you do not want to go from L to L!
I agree!

IMO...this change in mechanics goes against the "call a foul and go tableside" idea.
Now we have a situation where we actually do not go tableside on every foul...and again IMO is more steps.
Sure it works for college...they just "clear" and report...NFHS has a reporting area, so in the end it is more steps.
I just think they could have left well enough alone and stayed more consistent with the foul mechanics.
It disappoints me to hear that WA is following IL in doing it this way. I have been pushing the go tableside and be C method here all season. It is much better in my opinon. It is consistent with the idea of enhancing communication with the coaches and is NOT a long switch.
It works especially well in the first half, since the coach who is going to want an explanation is down on the other end and didn't have a very good look. Why not put the calling official over there so that he can have a quick word with him when we get to that end?
All that you have done now is create the same situation as the old go opposite mechanic, so the coach has to yell across the floor at the official for an answer or ask someone who didn't make the call. Doesn't make good sense.

I'd have to say that either WA didn't think this through or wants to do the same thing as NCAA men.