View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 01:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
So, now I've got a question. When is it okay for the one ref to "step in" and give the partner a "chance to change their call"? I've gotten the feeling this was never okay on a foul, virtually never on a violation, and once a game total would be about the maximum. Is that a fair reading?
I'd have to say that is about right.
I'm more likely to have a chat with my partner if he calls a violation, such as a travel or DD, in my primary area and is wrong. We are also going to have a not so nice conversation in the lockerroom either at halftime or after the game about why he feels the need to watch my area and who is watching his.

For fouls out his primary which are wrong, he is going to have to deal with the coach on the floor and me in the lockerroom. I don't care at all what he calls in his primary, unless he asks me for help.

On OOB I pregame that I don't want help unless I ask for it as I may be passing on a foul, and I do ask if the crowd is booing terribly or the coach is really upset. I also won't go to a partner until he asks and that is stated in the pregame as well.

If this happens more than once in the game, we are having a bad night.
Okay. So, what you're saying is you think it was okay for the T to step in in this case and "give information" to the L because it wasn't the L's call at all, and it was very wrong. Now, would it take you a full minute to handle it? I mean that mthomas said that they had a one minute meeting. Does that seem to you too long?