Thread: oob T
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 05, 2005, 01:06am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally posted by cloverdale
jv game i'm lead on the endline...A1 is oob and given the ball and throws in to A2 at top of key...A1 stays oob and runs behind backboard reenters the court on opposite side to recieve the pass from A2...I tee him up and we go from there...coach yells endline violation not tech...now i'm second guessing wether I have the right call and at half time my partner says violation, the 2 varsity refs I ask one doesn't know for sure the other says tech but nobody calls it...later in the rule book all i can find is 10-3-3...is this the correct application, if not what is the right rule,or was it the wrong call...I felt that if it was a live ball situation and an offensive player used the oob lines to get away from the defense to come back on the court to recieve the pass would be a player tech according to this rule...
You are correct. This is a technical foul, not a violation. I believe it may be an throw-in violation in NCAA, but in NFHS it's a Tech. Your play is exactly what the NFHS wants called, IMO.