Thread: not in the book
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 04, 2005, 07:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Redhouse
BJV game. Table sounds horn and beckons me to the table. They tell me that 32 for the home team was not in the book. 32 was in the game and had already been replaced when they notified me of this. I told the table that since it was not caught until after he had become a player then he could not be penalized unless he came into the game again and we are notified at the time he enters the game. Correct me if I am wrong on that part.
When it's discovered that the player is not listed, the technical foul is assessed when he is entered into the scorebook. It's makes no difference whether he has entered the game and then left. Many people say that it can't be assessed after he leaves the game but I have never seen any documentation from the NFHS on this. If someone has it, please post it and I'll gladly retract my disagreement.

The only time a T is not assessed is if the scorer makes the change but does not notify the officials until later. In that case, there is no penalty.

It's is a team technical and counts toward the bonus only. If another player is discovered to not be in the book, there is no penalty as only one such T can be called in a game against a team.