View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 02, 2005, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
When I first came to Nevada I did. But now that the coaches know that I don't tolerate that stuff, and I have convinced a number of my colleagues to be the same way, the behavior has improved so much at most of my games that I rarely have to give Ts now.
I actually have two so far this season. One on a coach from CA and the other on a player from CO.

I am convinced that if officials would stop warning for everything, quit letting stuff slide, and just penalize the poor behavior, it would stop. Well, maybe not stop, but certainly it would be drastically reduced.

They will continue to do what you allow. What kind of environment would you like to officiate in? You do have some control over that.
We whacked a frosh player this year, although it was late in the game. I am amazed at the attitude of frosh, talking back to referees. Makes me rethink whether I should whack the first instance in the next game I do. I know that would stop it. I know that there are differences among things that players do and say. I rarely whack anyone for asking a question such as "What did I do?" But, I may need to rethink this whole thing. I still am amazed at the attitudes of youngsters nowadays.