View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 01, 2005, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green Yesterday I was working an AAU 9th grade semi final game.
It was an AAU game. That is the problem right there. Many of those tournaments play by NCAA rules. Most of the people who serve as coaches and team managers are NOT associated with high school sports. They are NOT familiar with NFHS rules. They only know what they see on TV.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
We all told him it was a live ball, B had it, and trying to be simple we told him it was not any different than any other time a player had a live ball in his possession in bounds or OOB.
Of course, you are correct for NFHS play, but to continue the point that I made above, the rule in the NCAA is a little different.

Here is the NCAA rule:

BR-99 RULE 5-9/SCORING AND TIMING REGULATIONS
RULE 5 Scoring and Timing Regulations
Section 9. Stopping Game and Shot Clocks
Art. 5. Recognizes a request by the head coach or a player for a timeout after a goal until a player on the team putting the ball in play from the end line is positioned out of bounds with the ball.
The play involved Team B actually positioned for a throw-in. It would not have made a difference in rule interpretation. It was not one of those that ball was thru the net and B picks up ball and walking OOB with back to playing floor.

All AAU tournaments at this time of year use NFHS rules here.

I would relax on the gambiling remarks. We werent standing around gambling. I would not have taken his money even if I had my books...

First never said we would even take it! Second There are only two states in the country that dont have some sort of gambling that is legalized and I live in one of them.