View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 01, 2005, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Yay-hoos

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi

Hmmm...methinks I detect a little envy!!

Marcia Ball, Sonny Landreth, Kirby Kelly, Bugs Henderson, Doyle Bramhall, Leadbelly...I could list Texas musicians all freakin' day. There are tons of them, ranging in musical styles from Brave Combo to Bob Wills to Ray Wylie Hubbard to John Nitzinger to Beyonce, and encompassing every genre! That is one of the things that I am proudest about in Texas, its dearth of musical talent!
Relax, Bubba. MB isn't from Texas, she just landed in Austen because that is where the music was in that part of the country in the '70s.

Though she resides in Texas, Marcia's schedule allows her to spend probably less than half her year there. During her career, MB has more often been associated with her home state of LA to the point many fans don't even know there is a Texas relation.

Trust me, the music on the Gulf Coast is in LA, not TX. For that matter, I'm going to be hitting the first half of the HO Jazz Fest this year. I hate it that I will not be able to catch both weekends, but it just isn't possible this year. Meanwhile, Marcia will be playing in Wilmington, DE while I'm in OKC for the UIC Clinic. Great luck, huh?