Thread: Warmup Basket
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 01, 2005, 12:40am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman
There was a POE that came out a couple years ago having to do with teams doing the "circle the wagons" thing which involved a team running around the opponents warm-up area. In the officials manual it tells officials where to stand and tells them what team they will observe. By doing that, it assumes that each team will be on ONE end. Not specifically addressed but based on those two things, I just wouldn't allow it.

Z

And the interpretation apparently was applied differently in different areas. That action was never outlawed here unless the opposing team purposely interfered with the team warm ups. They still do that as commonly as they did before. It was not a big problem before that POE and it was not a big problem afterwards.

The warm-up was just so the team could run a full court drill. Teams do not do it (at least around here) to intimidate anyone. They do it so that they can run a drill commonly used. Once the team comes back, they go right back to their position. I have never once seen this ever as a problem. We did it when I was in HS and I still see teams do it today.

Peace