View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 30, 2004, 09:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Nu1
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
These kinds of pre-game situations (running through the opposing team's warm-ups; "competing" for the center circle during warm-ups or after introductions) were actually a POE in '02-'03.
I had an official tell me about this being a POE in the past. This being my first year, I had no information on it. Tonight, at a 9th grade tournament game, the home team came onto the floor from the locker room...dribbled around the entire floor...including the visiting team as they did lay-ups...then onto their own end.

Is that a situation that was covered in the POE in '02-'03? Are we still to be watching and enforcing something on this?
POE's are issued usually because the NFHS feels that officials aren't enforcing an existing rule strongly enough. If you felt that the team that dribbled around the entire floor interrupted the other team's warm-up by doing so, or if, in your opinion, they did it to taunt, bait or try to intimidate the other team, then you should do something about it. It's unsporting behaviour. You could warn the coach that such behaviour isn't allowed and hope that's he's smart enough to quit using that crap(recommended). Alternatively, if you strongly feel that it's only purpose is taunting/baiting/intimidation, then you can nail them right away. If you do nail them, there are a coupla ways of doing so, as recommended in that POE. You can issue "T"s to any or all of the players, or you can issue a single team "T". In both cases, the head coach would also get an indirect "T" for each direct "T" that you issued.