View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 30, 2004, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

One other thing from yesterday. Partner is off visiting the little officials room in the 5 minutes between games (trying to get back on schedule). I'm checking the book and I hear one of the coaches say "Mr. Official, they are trying to intimidate my team by being on our side of the floor during warmups"

I look up thinking I knew I should have waited for my partner to return and expecting to see players attempting to stare down the other team. Low and behold there is one kid...about 4' 2", 80 pounds (soaking wet) stretching in the center circle and his foot is over the center court line. I look at the coach and he says "Aren't you gonna make him get on his side of the court?" As much as I wanted to laugh at him, I ask the other coach to move his player.

My suspicions about his team after that comment turned out to be correct...they were trounced in the game, losing by 40.

Should I have suggested he be more concerned about teaching defense versus looking for instances of intimidation? I'm kidding of course, just suprised he even mentioned it.