View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 28, 2004, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hartsy
18 scheduled games this season, and I have about 14 different partners to work with, all two person crews. I actually like it this year, because I'm new at this and figure to pick up a lot of good (and some bad) advice and observations.

Is working with a different partner every game pretty standard, or do most of you seek to work as teams? Around here it seems that most of the varsity level crews work together every game, but not so much any other level.

Hartsy
I think a lot depends on the way it's organized. Our association has around 325 members and a single elected commissioner that does all game assignments. We serve roughly of 200 schools, and last season I believe we provided officials for just under 7000 games (Juulie/Camron, please correct me here if I'm wrong).

To my knowledge, everything is assigned individually, not as a crew. Availability is a major factor as is point of departure, expecially for early games, so occasionally you'll find yourself repeatedly scheduled with the same partner for that reason.