Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joseph2493
Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Quote:
Originally posted by joseph2493
Quote:
Originally posted by scat03
a1 making throw in from halfcourt, makes throw in to a2 who is airbourne from the front court, catches the ball and lands in the back court. and the call is?

No Call, Team nor Player control exists during a throw in.

similar situation; a1 making throw in from halfcourt, makes throw in to a2 who is airbournefrom the frontcourt, catches the ball and land with one foot in the front court and in a normal landing the other foot in the back court. and the call is?
No Call
9.9.3 in the rule book says "a player from the team not in control (defensive player or during a jump ball or throw-in) may legally jump form his/her frontcourt, secure ocntrol of the ball with both feet off the floor and reutrn to the floor with one or both feet in the backcourt. The player may make a normal landing and it makes no difference whether the first foot down is in the frontcourt or backcourt."
Here's a question.
How about a jump stop on this play? A2 catches the ball airborne, one foot down in FC and jump stop landing in BC.
Violation?
My Interpretation:

1st I refer back to 9.1.3 where the player can land on one foot in frontcourt than the other in back.

2nd in 4.43.2b2 If one foot is one the floor: the player may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both. (neither foot can be a pivot in this case)

Because 9.9.3 says that teamcontrol is not established till the airborne player has both feet on the floor and 4.43 says that it is legal to jump off of one foot and land on both:

I would say NO VIOLATION.

Remember just my interpretation

[Edited by joseph2493 on Dec 27th, 2004 at 02:40 PM]