View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 24, 2004, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by zebra44
Why am I getting pounded on this? I thought I was presenting a pretty safe inquiry. Excuse the s*** out of me.
Zeb, I wasn't trying to start a pig pile. I don't approve of them. The question you asked is an interesting one, and very pertinent to most of us who have children.

I just think we shouldn't pig pile onto your ref person who ins't going to his kids games. It may be out of line for him, but we can't know that. I have always tried to strike the balance between the importance of my kids activities and the importance of my reffing. The way I balance those might look wrong to someone else.

No one knows what's best, and whether I'm doing what's best, or whether your acquaintance ther is doing what's best, except for a very few people who know the family well. I think that privacy is something every family deserves.

Quote:
Originally posted by zebra44
Blackhawk957, I wasn't condemning him because I feel I was robbed of games. I think this is what you are alluding to. I guess I was vague about the point of his deciding to miss his son's games only after he realized he wouldn't be playing much. Until he saw the "depth chart" he had planned on being there for his kid.
I editted to add this in. I see now what you're driving at. This does change the perspective a little. "If the kid's not a star, then wth." Even so, it may be that the kid himself is embarassed and doesn't want the dad there. Does seem kinda strange, though.

[Edited by rainmaker on Dec 24th, 2004 at 12:04 PM]