View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 24, 2004, 01:11am
Get away from me, Steve.

Re: Question to Rich

Quote:
Originally posted by imaref
Noticed that you're a Wisconsin Ref....What are your thoughts regarding having to file reports to the WIAA for the Technicals you call? Personally, I feel it's kind of a double edged sword. Technicals are occassionally "part of the game". Generally they create emotional responses from Coaches, players and fans...Coaches ratings (supposedly objective) of officials generally are impacted by "Ts". Agree?

Point I'm trying to make and find out from you is....are you affected by the requirement of filing a report to the WIAA as to how patient you are in "T"-ing up a coach? And the secondary action of getting "torpedoed" on your rating from that coach?

Just wanted to see what another Wisconsin ref's perspective is on these two issues.

wl
It takes a minute to file the online report. I do it when I'm the referee on the game, so I've reported technicals, ejections in baseball, USC flags in football on coaches, etc.

Ratings don't bother me a bit. As a third year in the state kinda guy, I just reached L5 this season in my sports -- this is the first year I'm playoff eligible in hoops and will be the first season in 2005 (baseball) I'm sectional eligible. I'd rather do my job and if that costs me a playoff assignment, so be it.

But there are a handful of schools I don't call/email because I'd rather sit home than work those schools. No names, of course