Thread: COACHING BOX
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 23, 2004, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

Last night, during player intros, I reminded Team B about the coaching box location because they had the players seated in such a way that the coach was no where near the coaching box. During the first quarter, me and one of my partners noticed the coach was standing at halfcourt coaching his team(granted the floor was not a big floor or gym for that matter). After a pretty clean first quarter, me and my partner got together and discussed where he had been standing--I decided to go over before the second quarter started and remind him, IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER, that if he wants to stand and coach just do it in the coaching box. He replies rather agitated: "Is that all you guys have to worry about? I haven't said a word to guys all night!" (This was true) I was taken back by this reply and agreed with him that he had not said a word, but that I did not want it to reach a point where he was at half court yelling at us and not his team. During the entire second quarter, as a result, if he felt we missed a call he would comment that if we would worry about the game as we did the coaching box we would do a better job. Coming out of the locker room after halftime, I told him that I did not mind him standing two or three steps out of the box if he was COACHING. If he wanted to argue a call, I told him to be in the box. He had calmed down a little and agreeded. Any suggestions? or Comments? I was waiting on the other coach to ask me if he could stand at halfcourt!!