View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 22, 2004, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nine01c
Quote:
Originally posted by zebraman

I have a very specific pregame on how this is to be handled. If a partner has info to give me, he brings it. It's up to me to change my call or not.
Thanks everyone for your responses. I have worked with two guys who seem to have this knack for being 99% sure (I guess) several times during each game. Personally, I don't want them to bring this "info" on a regular basis when I have already made a call and it is my responsibility. If I have doubt, I will make eye-contact "asking" for his help if he had a better look, before I make a call (guess that's the baseball umpire in me). The unasked for help should be offered on special occasions only, IMO (like everyone and my blind grandmother knows the call is wrong, and maybe it matters because it is not a 40-6 score in the second quarter).
One thing you might want to stress in pregame is that those "help situations" where a partner comes and gives you info are those "once in a game" (if that often) situations. Look your partner in the eye when you say that.

Z