View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 22, 2004, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
The NFL is getting harder and harder to watch because of all the delays with it. Whether it is for replay, too many flags, commercials, etc. I also agree that the NFL went way overboard on the illegal contact. I also feel they are way overboard on roughing the passer and for "hitting a defensless receiver" Especially the latter and the illegal contact has made it almost pointless to have defensive backs, especially at the safety position. There are 3 things that will happen if the NFL continues the way it is reguarding pass coverage. 1. Emmitt's rushing record will never be broken because a running back will never get enough carries to come close to breaking the record. 2. Jerry Rice's receiving records will be blown away because a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 pass to run ratio will be considered conservative. and 3. Any game with inaccurate QB(s) will take 4+ hours to complete.

I have watched the least amount of NFL games and more Collage games this year than ever before in my life with the exception fo 1985 when I saw Army play (I believe) Western Michigan in person and did not get to see any NFL games due to the military. This is also the first time in years I have not gone to see an NFL game in person.
I absolutley agree. In addition to it being tedious to sit through the advertisement mess at home, it really screws up the tempo of a game at the field, for players and fans. At least at home I can get a few things done around the house while the ads are on . In our new beautiful Lambeau field we are inundated with ads on the Jumbotrons during all the TV timeouts. THe players are standing around, I believe losing the flow of the game. The fans start watching everything but the game. One of my friends is convinced the fans are quieter than normal, I agree, but I think its not so much due to poor fans, but so much other stuff going on at the games and the TV timeouts.

I am convinced that this is what is messing up most games. Let the players play and let the officials call what they see!