Old Tue Dec 21, 2004, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Robmoz
Patience is always the key but......

you could be proactive in facilitating your growth by trying the following:
  • Attend camps sponsored by the assignors in your area

Suck up!
  • Submit rating reminder cards to your AD's/V Coaches/JV coaches in an effort to have them gauge your skills
  • Introduce yourself to the assignor and offer all of your contact information personally, let hime put a face to the name

Really Suck up!
  • Hook up with some veteran officials (good 'ol boys) that do get the games you would like and invite them to come evaluate you for a reference that can be presented to the AD's or assignors

Kiss azz!
  • Directly ask for any evaluation assignments, offer to work scrimmages, or invite them to some of your games so that they can make an informed decision

Kiss azz!
  • Keep in regular contact with the assignors and let them know your availability and be ready for last minute phone calls (When I first started out I would call multiple assignors every week to check in for any last minute games if I had a free night that week. I may have been a pest but it paid off very quickly as I became the guy they could count on to fill in when needed).

Kiss azz!
  • Join your local association and become active in it or be sure to attend all the meetings/gatherings

Very good!
  • Hire an agent

You must be one helluva ref!
  • Vote Republican

Not kissin azz, you are an azz! pun intended
  • Send gifts!

Kissin azz!