View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2001, 11:33pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

According to the NF press release, the rule on throw-ins has been modified. Now, if a defensive team commits a personal foul or violation on a throw-in in which the inbounding team has the right to run the end line, the subsequent throw-in will not be a spot throw-in, but will continue to give the team the right to run the end line. Of course, this does not apply if the foul was technical, flagrant or intentional, or if the defensive team is in the penalty, since there would be a different penalty assessed for these.

When I first read the release, I wondered how a defensive team could violate on a throw-in. It is stated that intentionally kicking the inbound pass would be a violation.

I think this is a good change, since it eliminates the possibility of a team being rewarded for committing a foul or violation. It applies the same logic as if the defensive team commits a delay of game warning by reaching over the boundary, which is covered under the current rule.

Also, the release states there will now be a signal for a full timeout. Anyone hear what it will be? I heard it's sticking your tongue out at the coach or player who requests the timeout.