View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 18, 2004, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

I dont

From what the others have posted that looks like you did the right thing. Basketball in australia is so much different from the USA i wish we had the system like use have but we just dont have the support and money.

I mean in our highs school league in my city we only have four schools that compete for 7 weeks we have a grade seven and eight team and each school has one year 7/8 team and they play the others skools twice each and then one final then after that we have a grade 9/10 who have the same competition. The games a 2 20minute halves.

Now i am the only referee in both of those comps and there are two games each week on at the same time. So some games i have to ref half of one and then half of the other but for the other halfs there is no referee or the coaches ref it.

But onto my other point we have a winter cop and a summer comp winter comp is pretty organised but summer is pathetic summer comps has under 9,11,13,15 and 17s in the 9,11 and 13s ages we wouldnt make that call we dont usually call three second violations because the skill level is so poor.

Let alone we barely have coaches in summer comp let alone assistants we may have to get the coach or players wo are substituted of to do the bench. And we try and avoid getting into conflct we players and coaches beacuse it is ment to be a " FUN " comp.