View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 18, 2004, 02:49am
Official Forum Member

Question

Ok Hey everyone im matt this is my first post and im a basketball referee down under in australia. Hey some of u may not understand all of the fiba rules as most of u r probaly use to the american rules.

Well i was refereeing a under 15s game or it would probaly be a 9th grade game in USA. Moving on i thought i refereed the game all right but my partner had a bad game at one stage he called a charge on the player but clearly the defence was moving every where this was a horrible call and the coach and players where furious.

My other ref wouldnt tech the coach but she was destroying his self esteem i had to do something i had already had some trouble with this coach and i was ready to tech her so i did and she blew and i said to her " Coach ive had enough u have been on our back all game if u say one more word to me in that tone u will be out of here". She continued saying im a referee i no the rules swearing i ejected her. The game contiued on smoothly. After the game the assistant coach who hadnt said a word all game came up to me abusing swearing and yelling i said to her if u dont respect me i wont respect u and i walked away she put in a complaint on me and changed the whole story on tuesday i have to see my referees co ordonator about the complaint. What should i have done during the game did i handle it right.