View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 17, 2004, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
Quote:
Originally posted by rotationslim
Am doing a handout sheet for my league members, want to address some misunderstood rules, MAYBE if they read it they won't plead for a traveling call on every rebounded airball... or demand a whistle on an inadvertant foot touch of the ball... or (my favorite) argue that not all technical fouls are 2 shots, some are just 1.

Anyway a while back someone posted a great rundown on minunderstood rules, but I can't seem to find it -- can anyone re-post. I tried a search, but for whatever reason it said the administrator had disabled the search function.
Block/Charge - most people think the Defender has to be "set" but as long as the shoulders are square, he/she can be moving backwards and still draw a charge

Over and Back - The ball and both feet have to be "over" the half-court line before you can go "back." Therefore if you have one foot in the back court, you can move your other foot to the front court and back to the back court and it won't be over and back.
They can move any direction but, TOWARD the offensive player at the point of contact, and their shoulders DO NOT have to be squared. The defender may turn away and still take a PC foul.

The 3 points only apply to a dribble. If you catch a ball with a foot in the BC and one in the FC, you are in the BC, but when that foot that was in the BC leaves the floor, you DO have FC status.