View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 17, 2004, 11:05am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
WOW! WOW! WOW!
Calm down JR...your pacemaker may explode!

Dude, I wasn't mad when I wrote that. It's a philosophy difference between us obviously. When you posted that story, I though that maybe you wanted some feed-back. Hey, you got it. Maybe I'm "Old School", but I had it drilled into my head that I should never make any comment to any coach about one of my partner's calls unless it was supportive. If my partner wants to tell the coach that he mighta missed one, well, then that's up to my partner- and my partner only. I also had it drilled into me to never get personal or friendly with coaches, players, fans, etc., when I'm refereeing. Polite, responsive, even-tempered,willing to listen, etc.,etc.,.....yes. Buddy-buddy, no. You also should know from experience that what I wrote was just my personal opinion, but it also wasn't personal to you. If anybody feels that my opinion was wrong, then they sureashell are entitled to their opinion also. I'll respect their opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Btw, JR does get out every now and then. JR also is the one in his association that has to deal with any coach's or school complaints that do come in. And deal with them honestly and fairly. JR is also the one that has to deal with the fallout as to how the officials he assigns are acting during games. JR is also the one that gets the phone calls from officials saying "do you know what my partner did tonight?". Yup, lemme ease your concern, JR still gets out a little, Dude. And JR stll stands by what he wrote above.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Dec 17th, 2004 at 11:13 AM]