View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 16, 2004, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Actually the first in two seasons, but I got one tonight.

Yapping from the first call of the game, his team is winning easily, but he's going and most of it is directed at my partner.

Mid first quarter, his kid tries to split defenders at the FT line and my partner at L, calls a walk.

He's up slapping his arm saying, "I heard it all the way over here." The next trip by his bench I say, "The hit was on the hand on the ball coach, it's nothing." He replies with, "Yes it is." I leave it alone.

Mid second quarter and his big kid goes base line and the defender cuts him off and there is a bump, but his kid reacted to it and turned away, this started in my primary, but my partner, at lead again, came ball side and had nothing. The coach is up yelling for the foul, the defender makes a swipe at the ball and makes contact and my partner calls the foul.

The coach say, "It's about time." I'm at the lower end of the center jump circle as my partner is moving to report. I tell the coach, that's enough and give him the stop sign. He stays there gesturing at my partner as my partner reports the foul and says, " I should not have to ask for it." I waited for my partner to finish his report and than I whacked the coach.

We shoot the FTs and he calls a timeout. He waives me over and asks why he got the T. I said, "I told you I'd heard enough and you kept going. He comes back with, "You told me to shut up and sit down and I did." I said, "Coach we both know I never said for you to shut up and sit down, I gave you the stop sign and you ran it with another comment."

The best part was at the half my partner said that I should have just gave him the stop sign and let it go. I was floored, I was looking out for the crew, and the game went much better in the second half, too.

Just needed to vent, I guess that is what I get for picking up a couple of 8th grade tournament games from a buddy at the last minute.