View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 16, 2004, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DTS
Thumbs up

Whistleone,

You should see my stories before I edit them! Whew! But I agree, I don't name names nor places and I try to keep things fairly vague. Honestly, the partners that I have brought up really do need work. I am not trying to be an arse about it all, I'm just trying to be as truthful as possible and if people take offense, so be it. I can't always hold my punches when it comes to people who need to hear the truth and are constantly being told the opposite. You know how it goes, people say one thing to your face and another behind your back. I guess it's a trait that I don't possess, I really dislike gossip. Things that I have said on the site have already been expressed directly to the people themselves. I am a very direct person, most people appreciate that sort of candidness, they say they find it refreshing. But then again, who knows what they say behind my back. Really though, who cares?

I think that there are many things I have learned from the column, and everyday on the court. My goals this year are better communication, with players, coaches and partners. Concentration, keeping focus no matter what the situation. And lastly, enthusiasm, no matter the level of game I want to be able to do my best and walk off the court having given my all. I love what I do, just like the rest of you. We don't do this for the money, nor the recognition. Next year I'm going to 3-man camp for small college. I have my career laid out on paper and yearly goals. Making the right connections, networking with higher level officials, talking as much as possible with senior officials at all levels. I've got a passion about this, and I aim to go somewhere with it. I just want everyone's input, from all walks of life! The more people talk and share, the more we all learn, that's why I joined this forum and hope that people can enjoy reading my stories and write some of their own because we shouldn't be afraid to share our experiences that make us all individuals. Alright already, I'll shut up now.