View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2001, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I haven't worked with "Dave", unfortunately, but I seem to have plenty of opportunities to collect "stupid coach" stories. This is from this weekend:

I'm new lead, but standing at half-court due to full court pressure. Ball never gets near half-court, aprtner whistles just as Coach B starts yelling, "Ten seconds! Eleven, Twelve... why isn't he calling it" and so on. Meantime, the ball is being passed to the ref and he's motioning to the player where the inbounds will be. As the team B player is taking the ball out of bounds, Coach B is still yelling. I turn to him and say, "Coach, who now has the ball?" He says, "Huh?" "Coach, we already blew the ten seconds, and your team now has the ball." "Oh," (get this, it is unbelievable!) "I wasn't paying any attention..." Could any of you pass up a straight line like that? "Coach, if you're not going to pay attention to the game, you can't yell at the refs!" This ranks right up there with my previous all-time favorite, "I never read the rule book."