View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 30, 2001, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Re: And that keeps you out of trouble?

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Guys,

I understand you have a moral code and everything, but how do you justify that. If a kid says under his breathe after missing a shot or getting knocked to the ground, "damn it," you are going to T that kid no matter what? I am sorry but that to me is looking for trouble. Because it is going to be your word against his, no one will know why you called what you did, and your judgement will be questioned even more.

I am not saying allow profanity of any kind allow kids to behave any way they choose. I am saying that giving T's should be obvious to someone other than yourself. And at the higher levels there is going to be more intensity and more profanity period. As long as I do not have players cursing at me or the players, I personally do not care what they say. I have had players curse out their coach, you think I am going to T a kid for getting into his coach? Hell no!! That is the coaches problem, not mine. And if the coach does not have the balls of pulling a kid out for disrespecting him, then that is his battle.

Now what I will do, if I hear a kid cursing and I am clear of the person that said it, I will address that person myself and make it clear that profanity will not be accepted. But I always think we cannot have a zero tolerance policy, because zero tolerance means to me, no thinking and no evaluation.
I will warn the kid as well. I don't think zero tolerance means that there is no warning either...

Just a thought...

My two sense!