View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 15, 2004, 08:42am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Heard on the radio tonight that Pedro confirms that he's agreed to the Mets' deal. The Mets are holding off on announcing it until Pedro passes his physical.

I'm sorry to see him go, he was an amazing force for 2 or 3 years there. Truly amazing to watch. He's not that pitcher anymore, but I'd still like to have him. I thought the Sox offer was fair (basically the same Schilling's). If he could get a better one from the Mets, I guess that's his prerogative; but I think they overpaid for him. Plus, the Mets' recent record with big-ticket free-agent pitchers hasn't been great.
Look at the bright side, Chuck. The Sox just forked out 16mil over 2 years to a 42 year old, 300 lb. pile of obnoxious poop who also has a bad back. Sam Adams has to be the happiest guy in New England now though. Ol' David should replace Pedro- no problem!

Should be interesting to see if Pedro's "inside-pitching" stats remain the same. It's always a l'il bit harder to throw at somebody's head when you gotta bat yourself the next inning.