View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 26, 2001, 07:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Re: offseason.

Quote:
Originally posted by Love2ref4Ever
JRutledge,
Here in New York City there is no such thing as a off season,the game of basketball is played 2407!(24 hours a day and 7 days a week)the only off season you get is the one you take!
Do not misunderstand, I am only saying "offseason" because the games do not actually count. This is the time of the year to get better and go camping. This is not the time of year where losing is going to mean a seeding in a regional. I live in Illinois, home of "THE ORIGINAL MARCH MADNESS." They were using that term long before you heard it at the college and other levels. Believe me, the games do not stop. But at least here, I do cut back greatly and only do games that are going to get me seen or are apart of a camp that I am attending. Other than that, I am not doing any basketball at all. I have no tolerance for leagues where the kids are not there to get experience and go against other varsity competition. And I have a hard time doing leagues that are not affliated with the schools or kids that are going to play for a school. So rec. leagues are usually out of the question for me.

Have a good summer then.