View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2004, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Improvement Card?

We have improvement cards that we can be filled out where I work for issues that need to be addressed that are outside of the rule book and this may be one of them. I would imagine that this is typical chronic behavior from this coach and I would think that his school would want to address this issue but we all know that again, a lot of administrations chose to use the "head in the sand" approach when it comes to these issues. This guy acts like a jerk and so he needs to be treated like a jerk. Sad to say that jerks usually could care less what perceptions others have of them. If the administration cares it will be addressed but if they are apathetic his behavior will continue which is probably the case in this situation. You could go talk to him at half time or during a time out and ask him in so many words to tone it down but again a jerk probably will have something real "jerky" to say in response. When it comes to sportmanship issues most officials and others in charge who have the authority to actually do something about it usually just chose to look the other way and this just adds to what has become a plague on athletic competition at all levels. Difficult situation but at least you did something!!!