View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2004, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blindzebra
Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Before this season started, I could truthfully say I'd never given a direct technical foul to a head coach. Now, just over a weak into the season, I've given two.
First one was begged for. Game is almost over, and suddenly I hear Home coach yelling in my ear, "G)dD@mm!t, didn't you see that?!" My Fox 40 automatically gave him a piece of my mind. I look up, 3 seconds left in an 8 point game.
Tonight. Midway through the fourth quarter. Batman has been chirping all night, but generally stopping when I acknowledged him (never really happy, but tamed occasionally). Finally, after I call a player control on one of his kids, he's apparently had enough. He starts complaining about the call. I tell him I've heard enough, and he responds by saying, "That's horrible." Loud enough for the gym to hear, and I give him one more warning. As I go to lead position for the ensuing inbounds, I hear him one more time, "He was flopping." Fox 40 once again decides it's enough.
As I report the T, he seems incredulous that I whacked him for "he was flopping." I informed him that told him that was enough. He responds with, "That's the worst technical foul I've seen."
Remembering the 30 second rule (of thumb) someone had mentioned here, I let that go and we administered the shots and moved on. He was relatively quiet the rest of the game.
Told my P after the game that the T wasn't so much for "he was flopping," as it was for "That's horrible." It was just a delayed call; sort of like a suspended sentence in criminal court, I guess.

Other than that, it was a good game; and the T seemed to make it better.
Never warn twice, and if you are not willing to give the second one, don't reply to his bait.

Give it, report it, and walk away. If he follows or keeps going everyone in the gym sees you under control and walking away, and him out of control and chasing.
Good call ref, he wanted it and you gave it to him, walk away and let your partner step in and support.