View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 08, 2004, 05:38am
Official Forum Member

3-4-6 NOTE:
"The home team should wear light-colored uniforms and the visiting team dark. The team that violates this policy should change. If there is doubt, the officials should request the home team to change; on a neutral floor the officials decide. Beginning in 2007-08, the home team shall wear white jerseys and the visiting team, dark jerseys."

As the others have stated there is no rule in the book that states a technical can or even should be assessed for violating this rule.
I have been instructed to play the game in a situation where one of the teams violates this policy and then file a report with the state association or league governing body.

However, I did think of a rule that might allow an official to assess a technical foul here:

Rule 10 Fouls and Penalties
Section 1 Team Technical
Article 5 ... Allow the game to develop into an actionless contest, this includes the following and similar acts:
a. When the clock is not running consuming a full minute through not being ready when it is time to start either half.

I'm thinking that if changing jerseys delays the start of the game by more than a full minute, a T could be justified.
I don't see this situation arising though as any decent official will be on the floor 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tip-off and will address the jersey color issue shortly thereafter.