View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 07, 2004, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Four minutes into the game, the table buzzes at a dead ball, partner (who was the R) goes to the table. A very long delay ensued. Finally, game goes forward with a technical foul. Later, he told me what happened.

Table said that a visiting player had the wrong number in the book. Player had 32 on the jersey, but was 10 in the book. Visiting coach said that the correct number had been provided, but the book-keeper had copied it down wrong. V showed their book, which did show the correct number, and apparently hadn't been altered. Partner felt (although he didn't say to the coach) that the likelihood of the home book person copying a 10 for a 32 seemed highly unlikely. He didn't ask the home book person what had been given to use for copying. He decided he couldn't unravel it and gave the T.

I have several questions. 1) If it seems obvious that the home book just plain copied it wrong, do we give the T? 2) If we were unsure how it got into the book wrong, as above, but v coach claims it was copied wrong, do we give the T? 3) Should I have interjected my self into the situation? I think I would have tried to talk him out of it, would that have been worth my interference?