View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 06, 2004, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Robmoz
I had the pleasure of being able to watch a ton of basketball this past weekend (read as wife and daughters hit the mall and let dad stay home).

I could not help but notice that there sure seems to be an excessive amount of "team huddling" prior to an administered FT. I did see a delay warning issued in three seperate games. In each of those games it appeared that the warning had no impact as the act was repeated time and again without any followup penalty.

I tried to focus on this aspect during my viewing and many times noticed the officials would be waiting for the huddle to break for what seemed like an excessive amount of time. So much so, that it seemed to bog down the games. I normally try to be pro-active in maintaining the flow.

Discussion Starter
Short of placing the ball on the FT line and having the count begin (which strikes me as unprofessional) how could I manage this better?

Curious, have you ever whacked a team for delay when you are ready to administer the FT? If so, what is the procedure?
As soon as you see them huddle tell them they're getting charged a timeout if they don't break the huddle.

Never had to T for this, because they only do it once.