View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AirForceDude
Speaking of AT&T, 8th grade game yesterday, I'm watching from midcourt line. A1 is dribbling near the division line, trail was there and didn't call line violation because there wasn't one. THEN, lead offical (the vet in this case) makes division line violation call from the end line.
I'm thinking a)not his call to start with and b)how could he possibly see a line violation that far away?
This game had nightmare written all over it.
At least two players from the visiting team fouled out in the first half. I left at the end of 3rh qtr, 1 hr, 15 minutes into the game (they play 4/6 minute qtrs).

[Edited by AirForceDude on Dec 5th, 2004 at 09:07 AM]
A couple of years ago I had the same thing in a rec ball league. This league has real weak officiating as the officials are players from either the previous game or the following game. One or two players from each team have to go to a training session before each season. One day I was working a game with the "trainer" who is supposebly one of the better officials in the district.

A-1 in the frontcourt passes to A-2 in the backcourt. A-2 jumps into the frontcourt and touches the ground just before catching the ball to avoid the violation. I was the T and had a great look at it. It was close but I thought he got his foot down so no called it. L (the trainer) jumps in from the baseline and calls backcourt. I guess he assumed I was another know nothing player stepping in and reffing. He lost a lot of credibility from me after that.

--As for the original situation on this thread, good save.