View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 01:10pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin green
Here is my question???

What do you do with the coach who then asks you why did you call that and not your partner? AND IF YOU WERE WATCHING THAT THEN WHO IS WATCHING THE EIGHT GUYS OFF BALL?

I actually had this in a game where a partner at lead thought I missed a kick at trail near the 28' mark. If it was a kick and I missed it the coach will yell at me... In this case the opposing did yell about the off ball comment. It escalated and my partner endned up T'ing the coach and I actually had to step in between them before the coach was tossed...

I am stirring the pot? Yep! While I believe there are calls we must always get right, I also believe that there are sometimes a ATT call gets us more in trouble

So my opinion you gotta feel comfortable but this can always make your game worse...
Silence can't be misquoted. You don't have to explain EVERYTHING to coaches.

Besides, I don't leave my peripheral vision in the locker room. I'm always aware where the ball is even when my noggin is off ball. If the ball goes out of bounds outside my primary I usually know it's there, for example.

The only reason this escalated is that your partner was a willing participant, it sounds.

--Rich