View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 09:14am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Lets look at this question logically. Team A does not have any "free" timeouts left. Team A is entitled to request excess timeouts and Team A is entitled to have this request to be granted as long as it is requested when a Team A is entitled to have its request granted.

Team A requests and is granted its timeout. Let the timeout be used and then let Team B shoot its technical foul free throws using the resuming play protocol.

MTD, Sr.
Resuming play protocol? This wouldn't have anything to do with Juulie's resuming play procedure, would it? Or do you just mean handle the T like normal (shots then B throw-in for Fed, shots then POI for NCAA)?

If you look at the time of my post, you will see that it was late in the evening. I had officiated a girls' jr. H.S. DH in the morning, watched our sons swim in a swim meet in the afternoon, and then officiated a boys' H.S. game in the evening. I could not think of the work procedure, but protocol works just as well. The thing to remember is that "resuming play" is what important, not whether one uses the word procedure or protocol. I guess I am getting senile in my old age.

MTD, Sr.

[Edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. on Dec 5th, 2004 at 09:17 AM]
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio