View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 05, 2004, 09:12am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by 2AWatcha
Happened this week at a girls semis in the elite USAF Lonestar Invitational in San Antonio. Lynwood H.S. (CA) came out in road jerseys when they were specifically told they'd be home for this game as all teams on the top of the bracket would be home. My high school Brock H.S. (TX) came out in road jerseys as well. Is the team that comes out in the wrong jerseys and doesn't have access to their home jersey supposed to get a technical foul in this situation? Is it a discretionary tech? I've heard that a T should have been called and heard that it was a decision whether or not TO call one. Thanks in advance.

Mike
The home team should wear light-colored shirts and the visiting team dark ones. Whoever violates the rule is supposed to change. If the team that is supposed to change doesn't have any other uni's availalable, then get the other team to change, if they do have a different colored shirt available. If neither team has a contrasting colored shirt to change into, then, as a ref, you just let 'em play and do the best job that you can. Iow, it's not a biggie, let the kids play, and tell the bickering coaches to grow up(just kidding on that). As long as a team's shirts are approximately the same solid color, there's no T listed that I know of for wearing them and also there's no T listed for not having a second set of shirts with them. The shirts aren't illegal, which would be a T on every player who wore one when they entered the game(have fun with that if you ever call it).

Mike, some wars needn't be fought. Welcome to the forum.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Dec 5th, 2004 at 09:14 AM]